151. I just want to get this mess straightened out.
我想整理一下这乱糟糟的一团。
152. I hate this weather.
我讨厌这天气。
153 It’s sucked.
糟透了。
154. I have had it up to here with this guy.
我受够这个家伙了。
15 I’ve got a real problem with one of my co-workers.
我有个同事真让我受不了。
156. This is awful.
这太糟糕了。
157. I can’t stand this.
我忍受不了这个。
158. I’m going to complain about this.
我想对此进行抱怨。
159. I’m fed up with your behavior.
你的行为让我受够了。
160. I’ve had it up to here with you.
我受够你了。
161. This is intolerable.
这无法容忍。
162. I will not accept this situation.
我对此不能容忍。
163. I will not stand for this.
我对此无法容忍。
164. I’m going to give him a piece of my mind.
我将向他抱怨一番。
165. I want to make a complaint.
我想抱怨一番。
166. Let’s get out of here.
我们走吧。
167. Do you want to come?
你想来吗?
168 Thanks for the invitation.
感谢你的邀请。
169. I was going to invite you in for some coffee.
我想请你进来喝点咖啡。
170. I’m like to invite you to a match.
我想请你去看一场比赛。
171. Do you want to get some lunch?
你想吃午饭吗?
172. Why don’t you come over later?
你呆会儿过来怎么样?
173. Are you free tonight
你今晚有空吗?
174. What are you doing later?
你呆会儿干什么?
175. Let’s meet later.
回头见。
176. Come see me sometime.
有空来看我。
177. Give me a call the next time you’re in town.
你下次再来的时候给我打个电话。
178. I’m like to see you again.
我希望再见到你。
179. Would you like to get dinner sometime?
你想去吃晚饭吗?
180. When can I see you again?
我什么时候能再见到你?
【生词解读】
1. invitation n. 邀请
2. invite v. 邀请;招待
3. tonight adv. 在今晚
4. town n. 市区;市内商业区;中心区
5. dinner n. 晚餐;正餐
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson13 REQUESTS 要求
181. I keep asking her to turn down her music.
我一直叫她把音乐关小声点。
182. It’s a small request.
这是个很小的请求。
183. She has to turn it down.
她必须关小些。
184. I’m just requesting that you keep him in your yard.
我只是要求你让他呆在你的院子里。
185. I need to borrow your computer.
我需要借用一下你的电脑。
186. Can I see that book?
我可以看看那本书吗?
187. Could you move over a little bit?
你能挪一下吗?
188. You’re requested to be in court next week.
要求你下星期到庭。
189. My request for a raise was rejected.
我加薪的请求被拒绝了。
190. Can I make one small request?
我能提一个小小的要求吗?
191. That’s a pretty big request.
那是个很大的请求。
192. Why don’t you just request some help at work?
你为什么不要求一些工作上的帮助呢?
193. This is one of the most requested songs on the radio.
这是收音机里点唱率最高的歌曲之一。
194. Could you give me a hand with this box?
你能帮我搬搬这箱子吗?
195. Would you mind being a little bit quieter
你能安静一点吗?
【生词解读】
1. request n. 要求;请求
2. computer n. 计算机;电子计算机
3. reject v. 拒绝;抵制
4. pretty adv. 相当;很;非常
5. quiet adj. 安静的;轻声的;沉默的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson 14 PLANS AND DECISIONS 计划和决定
196. I’ll keep thinking about it.
我会再考虑的。
197. We may just have to share my car for a while.
一段时间里,也许我们不得不共用我的车。
198. We need to start a college fund for Tyler.
我们必须为泰勒设立一个大学基金。
199. Do you know what you’re doing after graduation
你知道你毕业后做什么吗?
200. I haven’t made up my mind yet.
我还没有决定。
201. I’ll let you know what I decide.
我会让你知道我的决定的。
202. I have to make a difficult choice.
我必须做一个艰难的选择。
203. Decide quickly.
迅速决定。
204. I hadn’t anticipated that.
我没有意料到那个。
205. What do you plan to do about this mess?
面对这一团糟,你打算怎么办?
206. The disaster was a result of poor planning.
这次灾难是由于计划不周导致的。
207. I plan to take the next train out of here.
我打算坐下一班火车离开这里。
208. I intend to buy a new house.
我打算买一套新房子。
209. I had only the best intentions.
我是出于好意。
210. Everything is going according to plan.
一切都照计划进行着。
【生词解读】
1. share v. 分享;分担;共有
2. graduation n. 毕业
3. decide v. 决定;决意
4. difficult adj.难;困难的
5. choice n. 选择;抉择
6. anticipate v. 预期;期望;预料
7. disaster n. 灾害;灾难;不幸
8. intention n. 意图;意向;目的
9. according adj.相符的;和谐的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson15 CERTAINTY AND UNCERTAINTY 肯定和不肯定
21 To be honest?, I’m not certain.
老实说,我不能肯定。
212. Maybe.
也许吧。
213. I couldn’t say for sure.
我不能肯定。
214. I couldn’t say for definite.
我没有百分之百的把握。
215. I couldn’t say absolutely.
我不能说是绝对的。
216. I’m positive that he did it.
我肯定是他做的。
217. I’m certain of it.
我对此肯定。
218. I’m not sure that’s a good idea.
我不能肯定那是个好主意。
219. I can’t be certain of what time I left the office.
我不能肯定我是什么时候离开办公室的。
220. I’ve no idea where my shoes are.
我不知道我的鞋子在哪。
221. I’m not certain if he’s telling the truth.
我不能肯定他是否在说真话。
222. Are you certain this is what you want to do?
你能肯定这是你想做的吗?
223. I swear this is the truth.
我发誓这是真的。
224. I have no doubt about how I feel.
我对我的感觉深信不移。
225. Absolutely.
绝对。
【生词解读】
1. honest adj. 诚实的;正直的
2. positive adj. 肯定的;确实的
3. swear v.发誓;宣誓
4. truth n. 实话;事实;实情
5. doubt n. 怀疑;疑惑,疑问
6. absolutely adv. 绝对地;完全地
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson16 AGREEMENT AND DISAGREEMENT 同意和不同意
226. I don’t think our taxes get anything good for us.
我认为税收对我们没有任何好处。
227. I disagree completely.
我完全不同意。
228. Maybe you’re right.
也许你是对的。
229. I think that’s a good idea.
我想那是个好主意。
230. I’m glad we see eye to eye.
很高兴我们的看法一致。
231. I couldn’t agree with you more.
我非常同意你的看法。
232. I have to disagree with you on this.
在这件事情上我不同意你的看法。
233. That’s what I was thinking.
那就是我的想法。
234. You are exactly right.
你对极了。
235. That’s for sure.
那是肯定的。
236. I’m say that was true.
我肯定那是对的。
237. Don’t you agree?
难道你不同意吗?
238. I’ll go along with that.
我同意那一点。
239. I’ll go along with you on this one.
在这一点上我同意你的看法。
240. I’m not sure I agree with you.
我不能肯定我同意你的意见。
【生词解读】
1. tax n. 税;税金
2. disagree v. 不一致;不符
3. completely adv. 完整地;彻底地
4. exactly adv. 确切地;精确地
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson17 BELIEF AND DISBELIEF 相信和不相信
241. Do your kids still believe in Santa Claus
你的孩子还相信有圣诞老人吗?
242. How come you never believe me?
你怎么从来都不相信我?
243. I’m sure he’ll find a way to do that without more taxes.
我确信他会找到一种无需交更多税收去做那件事的方法。
244. I can’t believe it.
我简直不能相信。
245. They believed that certain gods caused things in nature.
他们相信自然界的事物是由某些神引起的。
246. I have faith in the government.
我对政府有信心。
247. I believe that I can do anything if I try hard enough.
我相信如果我足够尽力去做的话,我能做任何事情。
248. I don’t believe you.
我不相信你。
249. Do you believe in anything?
你有什么信仰吗?
250. I have no choice but to believe what you’re saying.
我除了相信你的话,别无选择。
251. Have you questioned your beliefs
你对你的信仰质疑过吗?
252. I can’t believe you’ve said that.
我不能相信你竟说出那样的话。
253. I’m convinced by his words.
我被他的话说服了。
254. I believe he can be trusted.
我相信他是可信的。
255. I’ll take your word for it.
我相信你。
【生词解读】
1. Santa Claus 圣诞老人
2. nature n. 自然;自然界
3. faith n. 信念;信任;完全信赖
4. government n. 政府;内阁
5. belief n. 相信;信任;信赖
6. convinced adj. 确信的
7. trust vt. 信任;信赖
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson18 COMPLIMENTS AND PRAISES 称赞和表扬
256. You did a good job.
你干得漂亮。
257. Most of that was luck.
那大部分靠运气。
258. You have really good taste.
你真的很有品位。
259. I am so jealous of you.
我真羡慕你。
260 That’s a nice car you have there.
你那辆车真漂亮。
261. You’re looking good.
你看起来很不错。
262. That shirt really becomes you.
那件衬衫真的很适合你。
263. You have excellent manners.
你很有风度。
264. I salute your efforts.
我对你的努力表示敬佩。
265. You’re the best in the business.
你是这行业里最好的。
266. You’re the envy of the town.
你是众人羡慕的焦点。
267. You look good in red.
你穿红色很好看。
268. You’ve done a good job with this house.
这房子你布置得不错。
269. Keep up the good work.
干得好,保持下去。
270. I love the way you make me laugh.
我喜欢你逗我笑。
【生词解读】
1. taste n. 味道;感受;体验
2. jealous adj. 妒忌的
3. excellent adj. 出色的;杰出的;优等的
4. manners n. 礼貌;规矩
5. effort n. 努力;尽力
6. business n. 生意;商业;营业;行业
7. envy n. 妒忌;羡慕
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson19 REASSURANCES AND CONSOLATIONS 抚慰与安慰
271. Don’t worry about it.
别担心。
272. That’s what counts.
那才是重要的。
273. That makes me feel a little better.
那使我感觉稍微好些。
274. Look at the bright side.
看看光明的一面。
275. That’s understandable.
那可以理解。
276. Don’t let it get you down.
别为此气馁。
277. Things will get better.
事情会好转的。
278. Just keep trying.
继续尝试/别就此放弃。
279. Don’t give up.
别放弃。
280. We all have bad days sometimes.
我们都会有不顺利的时候。
281. I know how you feel.
我知道你的感受。
282. I’m here for you.
有什么要帮忙的,我就在你身边。
283. It’s okay.
没问题。
284. It’s not your fault.
不是你的错。
285. No one blames you.
没有人责怪你。
【生词解读】
1. count v. 有重要意义;有价值
2. bright adj. 明亮的;发亮的;晴朗的
3. understandable adj. 能懂的;可了解的
4. blame v. 责备;指责
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson20 WARNINGS AND PROHIBITIONS 警告和禁止
286. There’s a sign outside the gate that reads “NO TRESPASSING?”.
门外有牌子,上面写着“禁止入内”。
287. Not here.
在这不行。
288. I don’t think you should do that.
我认为你不应该那样做。
289. They can’t stop me from smoking.
他们不能阻止我抽烟。
290. You can’t go there.
你不能去那儿。
291. That’s forbidden.
那是被禁止的。
292. I’m warning you.
我在警告你。
293. No one is allowed to go in there.
谁也不允许进那儿。
294. It is forbidden to do that.
不允许那样做。
295. NO SMOKING
禁止吸烟
296. DO NOT ENTER
禁止入内
29 NO UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY
未经许可不得入内
DO NOT WALK ON THE GRASS
请勿践踏草地
299. KEEP OUT
不得入内
300. NO PETS ALLOWED
宠物不得入内
【生词解读】
1. outside adv.在外面,外表,出界
2. trespass v. 擅自进入
3. forbid v. 禁止;不许
4. unauthorized adj. 未被授权的;越权的