lesson31 MAKING A PHONE CALL 打电话
451. Thank you for calling Joe’s Pizza.
感谢您打电话到乔氏比萨店。
452. Hello?
喂?
453. Is that Ivy?
是艾维吗?
454. This is Professor Smith.
我是史密斯教授。
455. I’ll call you tomorrow.
我明天给你打电话。
456. To who am I speaking?
请问你是哪位?
457. Who am I talking to?
请问你是哪位?
458. How can I direct your call?
要我把您的电话转给谁?
459. You’ve got the wrong number.
你打错电话了。
460. What number is this?
这是什么号码?
461. Who do you want to talk to?
你想和谁通话?
462. He isn’t here right now.
他现在不在这儿。
463. Can I have him call you back?
让我叫他给你回电话吗?
464. Can I call you back later?
我呆会儿再打给你好吗?
465. What number can I reach you at?
我打什么号码能找到你?
【生词解读】
1. Pizza n. (涂有番茄酱、乳酪等的)意大利肉馅饼;比萨饼
2. professor n. 教授
3. direct v. 将(注意力,谈话等)指向;针对
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson32 MAKING APPOINTMENTS 预约
466. I need to make an appointment .
我需要来一个预约。
467. How about sometime next week?
下个星期怎么样?
468. That should be fine.
可以。
469. I’ll set it up.
我会搞定的。
470. I wanted to set up a time to meet with you.
我想约个时间和你见面。
471. When would be a good time to get together?
什么时间聚会合适?
472. Are you free later this week?
这个星期的后几天你有空吗?
473. When can I talk to you?
我什么时候能和你谈谈?
474. What are you doing next Thursday
下个星期四你干什么?
475. Do you want to talk about this some other time?
你想什么时候再谈谈这个吗?
476. I want to make a reservation for next Friday.
我想预定下个星期五的(房间等)。
477. I can come in tomorrow.
我可以明天来。
478. Can you come in the afternoon?
你今天下午能来吗?
479. Do you have any time available this week?
这个星期你什么时候有空吗?
480. When is your next opening?
你下一次什么时候有空?
【生词解读】
1. appointment n. 约会
2. Thursday n. 星期四
3. reservation n. 预订;预订的房间
4. Friday n. 星期五
5. available adj. 有空的;可与之联系的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson33 TALKING ABOUT DAILY ACTIVITIES 谈日常活动
481. Where are you going?
你要去哪?
482. What are you doing now?
你现在在干什么?
483. I don’t have to shave every day.
我不必每天都刮面。
484. I usually take too long eating breakfast.
我通常早餐吃很长时间。
485. If I don’t eat breakfast, then I don’t have enough energy during the day.
如果我不吃早餐的话,我就一天都没有足够的能量。
486. I’ve got to go brush my teeth.
我得去刷牙了。
487. I don’t have time to take a shower now.
我现在没有时间冲凉。
488. I never have time for lunch at work.
我上班时从来都没有时间吃午饭。
489. Everyday I have to drive 40 minutes to work.
我每天必须开车四十分钟去上班。
490. Did the mail come today?
邮件今天到了吗?
491. Have you seen today’s paper?
你看了今天的报纸吗?
492. I watch the news every night.
我每天晚上都看新闻。
493. I like to exercise in the morning.
我喜欢早上锻炼。
494. Most nights I just go out to eat.
大部分的晚上我在外面吃饭。
495. Did you take the dog for a walk?
你遛狗了吗?
【生词解读】
1. energy n. 精力;能力
2. shower n. 淋浴;淋浴器;淋浴间
3. exercise v. 运动;锻炼
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson34 TALKING ABOUT PAST ACTIVITIES 谈过去活动
496. It kind of reminds me of that trip we took with Mom and Dad to Canada.
这有点让我想起了我们和爸爸妈妈去加拿大的那次旅行。
497. I don’t remember how cold it was though.
但是我记不起来有多冷了。
498. Where exactly did we go in Canada?
我们去了加拿大的哪儿?
499. How could I possibly forget?
我怎么可能忘记呢?
500. I didn’t run out of money.
我没有花光钱。
501. I used to like surfing.
我以前喜欢冲浪。
502. I once had a fever for almost a week.
我有一次发了近一个星期的高烧。
503. I broke my leg skiing five years ago.
五年前我滑雪的时候摔断了腿。
504. This reminds me of my trip to France.
这让我想起了我的法国之旅。
505. I’ve only been on an airplane once.
我只坐过一次飞机。
506. I used to live in Mexico.
我以前住在墨西哥。
507. I got in a car accident last year.
我去年出了车祸。
508. My dog saved my life one time.
我的狗救过我一次命。
509. I spent 3 years in the army.
我在部队呆过三年。
510. I loved to go fishing with my dad.
我喜欢和我爸爸一起去钓鱼。
【生词解读】
1. remind v.提醒;使想起;使记起
2. remember v.记得;想起;回忆起
3. surfing n. 冲浪游戏
4. fever n.发烧;发热;热度
5. airplane n.飞机
6. accident n.意外事情;偶然因素;机遇
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson35 ALKING ABOUT FUTURE ACTIVITIES 谈未来活动
511. I think we’re going to save some extra money this year.
我想我们今年会多存些钱。
512. What language are you going to study?
你要学什么语言?
513. Then don’t complain to me when Spanish gets boring.
当你觉得西班牙语令你厌烦的时候,别向我诉苦。
514. What are you doing later this week?
这个星期的后几天你打算干什么?
515. Are you still planning to go to medical school?
你还在打算去医学院吗?
516. I want to buy a dog.
我想买一条狗。
517. I’m going to switch job soon.
我很快要跳槽了。
518. We’re like to send our daughter to a private school.
我们想把我们的女儿送到私立学校去。
519. I hope to get good grades this year.
我希望今年能取得好成绩。
520. I will be moving in six months.
我六个月后搬家。
521. I’m going to study Chinese next year.
我明年要学汉语。
522. I want to work for my dad’s company.
我想为我爸爸的公司工作。
523. My parents are going on vacation?next month.
我的父母下个月去度假。
524. In two years I will finish medical school.
两年后我就要从医学院毕业了。
525. My wife wants to buy a new car.
我妻子想买一辆新车。
【生词解读】
1. language n. 语言;语言文字
2. medical n. 医学的;医术的;医疗的
3. switch vt. 调换;交换
4. private adj. 个人的;私人的
5. vacation n.休假;假期;休庭期;休假日
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson36 TALKING ABOUT STUDIES 谈将来学习
526. How’s your biology class going?
你的生物课怎么样了?
527. It’s interesting?, but there’s so much work.
很有趣,但是作业太多了。
528. It’s just my opinion, but I think that’s pretty boring.
这只是我的看法,我认为那很枯燥。
529. I admit that is pretty interesting.
我承认那很有趣。
530. I hope you can keep up with the work.
我希望你能跟上功课。
531. Are you doing well in math class?
你的数学课学得好吗?
532. Do you understand the chemistry homework?
化学作业你能理解吗?
533. It’s hard to hear my English teacher.
很难听清我的英语老师说话。
534. I stayed up all night studying for this test.
我一个晚上没睡,为这场测验做准备。
535. Did you hear our teacher assigned another paper?
你听到我们老师又布置了一篇论文了吗?
536. I’m really bored with this class.
我很厌烦这门课。
537. I like biology more than I first thought.
我比当初想象的要更喜欢生物课。
538. Could you help with the history homework?
你能帮我做历史作业吗?
539. I’m always late for my first class in the morning.
早上的第一节课我总是迟到。
540. I have to go study for my French class.
我必须去上法语课了。
【生词解读】
1. biology n. 生物学
2. interesting adj. 有趣的;引起兴趣的
3. bore v. 使厌烦;烦扰
4. admit v. 承认
5. chemistry n. 化学
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson37 TALKING ABOUT FAMILIES AND RELATIVES谈论家庭和亲属
541. He likes fishing.
他喜欢钓鱼。
542. He’s a lawyer.
他是个律师。
543. It doesn’t make any sense for them to still be mad at you.
他们还生你的气,这没有道理。
544. She’s a natural entertainer.
她是个天生的表演者。
545. When he was a little boy, he was a real troublemaker.
当他还是个小孩子的时候,真是一个小捣蛋鬼。
546. My father can be a real grouch.
我父亲有时候真爱发牢骚。
547. My parents almost never fight.
我的父母几乎从不吵架。
548. His brother is very protective .
他哥哥保护意识很强。
549. Her sister is very jealous.
她的姐姐忌妒心很强。
550. My mother enjoys the piano.
我母亲喜欢钢琴。
551. I have two sisters and one brother.
我有两个姐姐和一个哥哥。
552. My wife and I just had a baby boy.
我妻子和我刚生了一个男婴。
553. We’ve been married for eleven years.
我们结婚有11年了。
554. My uncle’s wife just died.
我叔叔的妻子刚去世了。
555. I was adopted as an infant.
我婴儿时候就被收养了。
【生词解读】
1. natural adj. 自然的;有关自然界的
2. entertainer n. 专业演员;表演者
3. troublemaker n. 惹麻烦的人;闹事者;捣乱者
4. grouch n. 好抱怨的人
5. protective adj. 保护的;防护的
6. adopted adj. 被收养的;有收养关系的
7. infant n. 婴儿
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson38 IDENTIFYING PEOPLE AND OBJECTS 辨认人和物
556. Where?
在哪?
557. What is it?
这是什么?
558. Is it a tiger?
是只老虎吗?
559. It’s like a dinosaur.
它像只恐龙。
560. Who’s that man?
那个男人是谁?
561. That’s a barbershop.
那是一家理发店。
562. You’re looking at my latest work of art.
你正在看我最新的艺术作品。
563. That’s my house on the left.
左边的那幢就是我的房子。
564. The man in blue is my uncle.
那个穿蓝色衣服的就是我叔叔。
565. I think the man in the suit is a police officer.
我想穿西装的那个男人是一名警官。
566. His name tag says he is a doctor.
他的名牌上说他是一名医生。
567. The brown car belongs to my sister.
这辆棕色的车是我姐姐的。
568. I think the red car is Japanese.
我想这辆红色的车是日本车。
569. I think that animal is a tiger.
我想那动物是只老虎。
570. Those are my shoes under the chair.
椅子下面有我的鞋子。
【生词解读】
1. dinosaur n. 恐龙
2. barbershop n. 理发店
3. tag n. 牌子;标签;货签
4. Japanese adj. 日本(人)的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson39 DESCRIBING PEOPLE AND OBJECTS 描绘人和物
571. What does he look like?
他长得什么样?
572. He’s kind of tall and thin.
他有点高,有点瘦。
573. He has a long nose.
他的鼻子很长。
574. He always wears funny ties.
他总是系着滑稽的领带。
575. What does it look like?
它看起来什么样?
576. It’s just a dark blue wool cap.
那只是一顶深蓝色的羊毛帽子。
577. My brother is a thin man.
我弟弟是个瘦子。
578 I live in a brick house.
我住在砖房里。
579. The car is very fast.
这车很快。
580. This bus is very old.
这辆公共汽车很旧了。
581. Have you seen a yellow hat around here?
你在这附近看过一顶黄色帽子吗?
582. I want the small kitten with the orange stripes.
我想要这只有桔黄色条纹的小猫。
583. Can you give me a description of the person?
你能给我描述一下这个人吗?
584. She has a round face and large eyes.
她有一张圆圆的脸蛋,大大的眼睛。
585. The soup was full of many different vegetables?
这汤中有许多不同的蔬菜。
【生词解读】
1. funny adj.有趣的;滑稽可笑的;爱开玩笑的
2. stripe n.条纹;斑纹;线条
3. description n.描写;叙述;形容
4. different adj.不同的
5. vegetable n.蔬菜;青菜
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson40 ASKING SOMEBODY TO DO SOMETHING 叫某人干某事
586. I need your help.
我需要你的帮助。
587. Could you lend me a hand for a second?
你能帮我一下吗?
588. Could you do me a favor?
你能帮个忙吗?
589. Excuse me.
打扰一下。
590. Would you mind putting out that cigarette
你介意把香烟灭了吗?
591. Could you turn down the music?
把音乐关小一点好吗?
592. Just return the book when you’re finished with it.
你一看完就把这书还回来。
593. Could you edit this paper for me?
你能帮我编辑一下这篇文章吗?
594. Would you mind moving over a little?
你介意挪一挪吗?
595. Please stop talking so loud.
请不要大声说话。
596. Why don’t you come with me to the store?
你为什么不和我一起去商店呢?
597. Can you lend me your car this afternoon?
今天下午你能把你的车借给我么?
598. Can you give me a ride into town?
你能送我进城吗?
599. Let me take a look at that picture.
让我看看那照片。
600. Can I borrow your pen for a moment
我能借用一下你的钢笔吗?
【生词解读】
1. cigarette n. 香烟;纸烟
2. return v. 回;返回;归
3. borrow v. 借;借入
4. moment n. 瞬间;片刻