601. I once met the president.
我曾经见过总统。
602. Swimming with dolphins was unforgettable.
和海豚一起游泳是很难忘的。
603. I almost drowned when I was a boy.
我小时候有一次差点淹死了。
604. Last year I went to the Great Wall.
去年我去了长城。
605. I’ll never forget the day I met my husband.
我永远也忘不了我遇见我丈夫的那一天。
606. This is the most memorableday of my life.
这时我一生中最难忘的一天。
607. You only graduate from college once.
你只有一次大学毕业。
608. Ester is a truly unforgettable person.
伊斯特真是一个令人难忘的人。
609. How can I forget the day my child was born?
我怎么会忘记我孩子出生的那一天呢?
610. I can’t forget how much you have done for me.
我不能忘记你为我做的那么多的事情。
611. The one thing that I will never forget is swimming with the dolphins.
我永远也不能忘记和海豚游泳的情形。
612. It was an unbelievable experience.
那简直是难以置信的经历。
613. I made sure that I took lots of pictures so I can always remember my trip.
我确定我照了很多照片,以永远纪念这次旅行。
614. I wanted to captureevery last detail.
我想抓住每一个细节。
615. I want to be able to share this memorable experience with everyone I care about.
我想把这值得回忆的经历与所有我喜欢的人分享。
【生词解读】
1. unforgettable a. 难忘的,永远记得的
2. dolphins n. 海豚
3. memorable a. 值得怀念的;难忘的;显著的
4. graduate v. 准予...毕业;授与...学位
5. unbelievable a. 令人难以置信的;非常惊人的
6. capture v. 俘获,夺取,抓住
7. share v. 分享
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson42 SWEET MEMORIES 美好的回忆
616. Do you remember how the flowers used to smell on our farm?
你还记得我们农场里的花的香味吗?
617. You were wearing the blue dress on our first date.
我们第一次约会的时候,你穿的是蓝色衣服。
618. I loved to sit under that oak tree as a child.
我喜欢像个小孩子那样坐在那棵橡树下。
619. Some of my best memories are from college.
大学生活给我留下了一些最美好的回忆。
620. These pictures bring back some great memories.
这些照片带给我一些美好的回忆。
621. Fresh grass always reminds me of childhood summers.
清新的鲜草总是让我想起孩童时的夏季。
622. I love New York in the summer.
我喜欢夏天的纽约。
623. I can’t forget the way her hair smelled.
我不能忘记她头发的味道。
624. That reminds me of my first dog.
那使我想起了我的第一条狗。
625. I still like thinking about my first girlfriend.
我还是喜欢回想起我的第一个女朋友。
626. Pictures are nice, but I don’t need any reminders for such a milestone in our lives.
照片很美,但我不需要任何东西来帮助我回忆起这样一件在我们生命中占据重要地位的事情。
627. There have been many other moments since we’re become parents that I will remember just as much.
我们做了父母后也还有很多美好的时刻,而我也一样会记住的。
628. It’s a very significant moment in your life.
这是你生命中非常重要的时刻。
629. He reminds me of my first dog.
它让我想起了我的第一条狗。
630. One of the best memories I have of him was when I first got him.
我记忆中最美的时刻是我刚得到他的时候。
【生词解读】
1. memory n. 回忆,记忆
2. oak n. 橡树
3. reminder n. 提醒者,提醒物,令人回忆的东西
4. significant a. 重要的,重大的;值得注意的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson43 MEMORABLE PEOPLE 值得回忆的人
631. Jeff was the funniest guy in our class.
杰夫是我们班上最滑稽的人。
632. The whole town thought Jim was a good mayor.
整个镇的人都认为吉姆是一个好市长。
633. I’m glad to see that you still remember me.
很高兴你还记得我。
634. How could I forget my favorite college professor?
我怎么会忘记我最喜欢的大学教授?
635. Alfred was the tallest guy in our school.
阿尔夫瑞德是我们学校最高的人。
636. Hector was the worst employer I ever had.
海克特是我碰到过的最差劲的老板。
637. Our nation owes a lot to Martin Luther King Jr.
我们国家欠小马丁?路德?金太多了。
638. Susan was the prettiest girl in our town.
苏珊是我们镇里最漂亮的姑娘。
639. Karen had a beautiful singing voice.
凯伦的歌声很优美。
640. He helped many people in his long career.
在他漫长的生涯中,他帮助过很多人。
641. Have you kept in touch with many of your old classmates?
你还和你的很多老同学保持联系吗?
642. There is one person I’m positive I’ll recognize.
有个人我肯定我会认得。
643. Nevertheless, she is someone I’ll never forget.
不过,她是我永远不会忘记的人。
644. This autograph is worth a lot because he’s such a memorable figure in baseball and African-American history.
这个签名很有价值,因为他是一个在棒球史和非裔美国人历史上值得纪念的人物。
645. His courage won’t be forgotten.
他的勇气不会被遗忘。
【生词解读】
1. mayor n. 市长,镇长
2. autograph n. 亲笔;(尤指名人的)亲笔签名
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson44 ECSTATIC EXPERIENCES 令人欣喜的经历&
646. I love my new job.
我爱我的新工作。
647. That surprise birthday party was great.
那给了我一个惊喜的生日聚会真是太棒了。
648. This balloon ride is incredible.
这次乘气球旅行简直令人难以置信。
649. Our trip to the mountain was amazing.
我们的登山之行真是太妙了。
650. My first time scuba diving was unforgettable.
我忘不了我第一次戴着呼吸器潜水的经历。
651. Tasting this chocolate is pure ecstasy.
吃这种巧克力的感觉简直棒极了。
652. Parachuting gives me an incredible rush.
跳伞给我一种极妙的刺激。
653. It’s not safe, but I love driving fast.
尽管不安全,但我还是喜欢开快车。
654. My greatest thrill is going on the roller coaster.
我觉得最刺激的事就是坐过山车。
655. I love the way these sheets feel wrapped around me.
我喜欢被这些床单包裹的感觉。
656. I can’t believe this is really happening!
我简直不能相信这真的发生了。
657. You’ll probably feel differently when some of the excitement has passed.
等到刺激感过去一些,你可能会感觉不一样。
658. I didn’t think I would get it, but I did.
我以为我做不到,可我真的做到了。
659. I do, but right now I’m so excited that nothing could rain on my parade.
我是,但是我现在太激动了,没什么能给我泼冷水。
660. Why are you so worked up?
你为什么这么激动?
【生词解读】
1. ecstatic a. 狂喜的;着迷的;入神的
2. amazing a. 惊人的,令人吃惊的
3. scuba n. 自携式水中呼吸器;水肺
4. ecstasy n. 狂喜;出神;入迷
5. parachuting n. 空降,伞降;跳伞(运动)
6. roller coaster (娱乐设备)云霄飞车,过山车
7. wrap v. 缠绕,披
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson45 EMBARRASSING EXPERIENCES 难堪的经历
661. I can’t believe I said something that stupid at the party.
我简直不能相信我在晚会上竟说了那样的傻话。
662. I just spilled my drink all over my pants.
我把饮料洒满了我的裤子。
663. Halfway through my speech, I forgot the rest of what I wanted to say.
我的讲话说到一半,我就忘记了后面的内容了。
664. I didn’t notice the stain until I got to work.
我上班的时候才发现衣服上的污渍。
665. He tripped and fell right in front of the guests.
他绊了一下,摔倒在客人面前。
666. She came to the party in the same dress as me.
她穿着和我一样的衣服来参加聚会。
667. My ex-girlfriend told everyone at the party about me.
我的前女友把我的事情告诉了所有参加聚会的人。
668. He was so sick that he vomited right in the middle of dinner.
他很不舒服了,晚餐吃到一半的时候就呕吐了。
669. I just realized that this shirt isn’t clean.
我这才意识到这件衬衫不干净。
670. Someone told Bob what I said about him.
有人把我说鲍勃的话告诉了他。
671. That has to be my most embarrassing moment ever.
那是我一辈子最难堪的时刻了。
672. That shouldn’t be enough to cause you to quit.
你也不能仅仅因为这个就放弃呀。
673. That is a little embarrassing.
那有一点令人难堪。
674. Still you shouldn’t stop doing something you liked just because of one incident.
你还是不应该因为一件事就放弃你喜欢做的事。
675. I embarrassed myself the entire evening.
整个晚上我都难堪极了。
【生词解读】
1. stain n. 污点,污迹,瑕疵
2. vomit vi. 呕吐
3. incident n. 事件;事变
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson46 DANGEROUS EXPERIENCES 危险的经历
676. I slipped on some ice and broke my arm.
我在冰上滑了一跤,把手摔断了。
677. The car accident almost killed my brother.
我弟弟差一点死于那次车祸。
678. She almost fell into the tiger cage.
她差点就跌进老虎笼子了。
679. That rock just missed my head.
那块大石头差点就打中我的头了。
680. I almost didn’t see that bus coming.
我几乎没有看到那辆开过来的公共汽车。
681. He’s very lucky to have survived the war.
他在战争中幸存下来,真是幸运。
682. I’m worried about him because he works in a prison.
我为他担心,因为他在监狱里工作。
683. Mountain climbing is exciting because it can be dangerous.
登山有危险性,因而很刺激。
684. Steve drives too fast and takes too many risks.
史迪夫开车很快,太冒险了。
685. Ann was in the hospital for six weeks after getting hurt.
安受伤后在医院呆了六个星期。
686. I was driving to work when a huge truck ran a red light.
当时我正开车去上班,突然一辆大卡车闯了红灯。
687. I’m sorry you had to go through that.
我为你经历的这一切感到难过。
688. There were always bombs and gunfire all around us.
我们的周围总是有炸弹和炮火。
689. My stomach would have been full of butterflies.
如果是我,我心里肯定会七上八下的。
690. I’ve never been so scared in my life, and my entire life flashed before my eyes.
我从来没有那样害怕过,我感觉我的整个生命历程就在我眼前闪动。
【生词解读】
1. miss vi. 未击中;打偏
2. risk n. 危险,风险
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson47 MYSTERIOUS EXPERIENCES神秘的经历
691. My aunt said she once saw a ghost.
我的姑姑说她曾经看到过鬼。
692. What was that noise?
那是什么声音?
693. I think there’s something in the darkness.
我认为有什么东西在那黑暗里面。
694. No one knew what happened to Simon.
没有人知道西蒙发生了什么事。
695. The killer’s identity remained unknown.
凶手的身份还不没被确认。
696. The police don’t know who took the jewels.
警方不知道是谁拿走了珠宝。
697. Her recipe is good because of the secret ingredient.
她的烹饪方法很好,因为里面含有神秘的配料。
698. His job in the war is still a secret.
他在战争中的工作仍是一个秘密。
699. She says that she can predict someone’s future.
她说她能预测别人的未来。
700. Some people believe that aliens visit Earth from other planets.
有些人相信有来自外星球的外星人访问地球。
701. Truthfully, there have been some unexplained occurrences around the house.
老实说,这房子的周围有一些无法解释的现象发生。
702. Mysterious noises like you heard that seem to have no natural causes.
就象你听到的那些神秘声音,好像没有什么自然的起因。
703. Doors that seem to close on their own and objects that get moved around but not by human hands.
门会自己关,物体没有人动它自己会动。
704. A couple of months ago, a friend and I went to a psychic just for a few kicks.
几个月前,我和一个朋友去了一个灵媒那里,只是为了好玩。
705. Not everything that happens in the world can be explained.
并不是世界上发生的所有的事情都能够被解释的。
【生词解读】
1. recipe n. 烹饪法;食谱
2. alien n. 外星人
3. planet n. 行星
4. occurrence n. 事件;事变
5. psychic n. 灵媒,巫师
6. kick n. 乐趣
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson48 ROMANTIC EXPERIENCES 浪漫的经历
706. We went ice-skating on our first date.
我们第一次约会是去滑冰。
707. He sang to me at the restaurant.
他在餐馆里为我歌唱。
708. I asked her to marry me on the beach.
我在海滩上向她求婚。
709. We took a trip to Hawaii together.
我们一起去夏威夷旅行了。
710. He sent me flowers at work.
他在上班的时候给我送花。
711. She read me her favorite poem.
她给我读了她最喜欢的诗。
712. He used to walk me home from school every day.
他以前每天都陪我从学校走路回家。
713. This is our twentieth anniversary.
这是我们结婚二十周年纪念。
714. We learned to horsebackride together.
我们一起学骑马。
715. He cooked my favorite meal for me.
他为我做了我最喜欢吃的饭菜。
716. What did you and your boyfriend do for Valentine’s Day?
在情人节那天,你和你的男朋友干什么了?
717. He surprised me with a tropical vacation.
他给了我一个惊喜,带我去热带旅行。
718. This is the nicest gift that anyone has ever gotten me.
这是我收过的最好的礼物。
719. I think that this is the most romantic thing you’re ever done for me.
我认为这是你为我做过的最浪漫的事。
720. A moonlight stroll on the beach sounds like a great way to end the evening.
在洒满月光的海滩上散步,以次作为这个晚上的结尾曲,这听起来很棒。
【生词解读】
1. ice-skating n. 溜冰
2. horseback n. 马背
3. stroll vi. 散步,溜达;缓步走
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson49 HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES 可怕的经历
721. I saw a child begging on the street this morning.
今天早上我在街上看到一个男孩乞讨。
722. The car hit him right in front of me.
就在我面前,一辆车撞到他了。
723. His arm was cut very badly by the fan blade.
他的手被电风扇的扇叶严重割伤了。
724. I was once beaten very badly by a robber.
我曾经被一个劫匪毒打了一顿。
725. After the crash, the doctors had to pick out glass from my leg.
车祸后,医生必须把碎玻璃从我的腿中取出来。
726. I could hear the child crying all night outside.
我听到这个小孩一整夜都在外面哭。
727. Her baby was eaten by wolves.
她的孩子被狼吃了。
728. The fire destroyed our entire house.
大火烧毁了我们的整栋房子。
729. My aunt’s finger was cut off while she was working in a factory.
在工厂工作时,我姑姑的手指被切断了。
730. The accident left him blind in one eye.
这次事故弄瞎了他的一只眼睛。
731. I cut myself while fixing the lawnmower.
在修理割草机的时候,我割伤了自己。
732. He was on a business trip and was on his way home when the terrorists killed him.
他正在出差,在回家的路上他被恐怖分子杀了。
733. It was the single worst terrorist attack that the world has ever seen.
这是世界上最严重的一次恐怖袭击。
734. I have two broken ribs?, and they hurt when I move too much.
我断了两根肋骨,走动多了就会疼。
735. I managed to punch one of them, but I couldn’t take on both of them at the same time.
我挥拳打了其中的一个,但是我不能同时对付他们俩。
【生词解读】
1. horrible a. 可怕的,令人毛骨悚然的
2. blade n. 叶片状物;桨叶
3. lawnmower n. 割草机
4. rib n. 肋,肋骨
5. punch v. 用拳猛击
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson50 CYBER-LOVE EXPERIENCES 网恋
736. You shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet.
你不应该全信在网上看到的东西。
737. We first met in a chat room.
我们是在一个聊天室里认识的。
738. A person doesn’t have to be honest on-line.
在网上人不必诚实。
739. There are a lot of strange people on the internet.
在因特网上有许多奇怪的人。
740. I don’t think on-line dating is healthy for people.
我认为网上约会是不健康的。
741. Dating on-line is a good way for shy people to meet other people.
对于害羞的人来说,网上约会是他们认识朋友的好方式。
742. I just got an e-mail from Rick.
我刚收到瑞克的一封电子邮件。
743. I stopped chatting with him when he got a little strange.
他变得有点古怪了,于是我没有再和他聊天了。
744. How do you know he isn’t married?
你怎么知道他没有结婚?
745. Do you think on-line dating really works?
你认为网上约会真的有用吗?
746. Actually, I’ve been chatting with a very nice guy.
事实上,我一直在和一个很不错的男人聊天。
747. Met him online, so I’ve never seen him in person.
我是在网上遇到他的,所以我没有见过他。
748. Don’t you know how dangerous it is to meet men online?
你难道不知道在网上认识人是很危险的吗?
749. It’s not desperate to go online to meet new people.
在网上认识新朋友不算是冒险。
750. It would be very difficult to have such a long distance relationship.
隔着这么远的距离,要维持关系是很困难的。
【生词解读】
1. shy a. 怕羞的,羞怯的,腼腆的
2. chat vi. 闲谈,聊天
3. desperate a. 铤而走险的;极端的