451. You should be ashamed of yourself.
你该为自己感到羞耻。
452. His behavior was shameful.
他的行为可耻。
453. He has disgracedhis entire family.
他让全家蒙羞。
454. She is a disgrace to her country.
她是她祖国的耻辱。
455. I feel very ashamed for what I did.
我为我的行为感到羞愧。
456. I want to apologize for the shame I have brought on this school.
我想为我给学校带来的耻辱而道歉。
457. He blushed with shame.
他羞得满脸通红。
458. That man has no shame.
那个人不知羞耻。
459. He couldn’t hide his embarrassment.
他隐藏不住自己的尴尬。
460. His shame was evident to everyone.
人人都知道他的羞耻事。
461. I lied to my parents and now I feel very guilty.
我骗了我父母,现在感到很内疚。
462. I feel so ashamed of myself.
我为自己感到很羞愧。
463. I can’t believe I fell flat on my face at the recital.
我简直不敢相信,我的演奏会完全失败了。
464. I’m so ashamed and embarrassed.
我感到很羞愧难堪。
465. I don’t think I can face my friends and family.
我想我无法面对我的朋友和家人。
【生词解读】
1. ashamed a. 羞愧的,感到难为情的
2. shameful 可耻的,丢脸的
3. disgrace n.&v. 丢脸,耻辱;使丢脸
4. blush vi. (因害羞,尴尬等而)脸红
5. embarrassment n. 窘;难堪
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson32 THREAT威胁
466. That dog is very threatening.
那条狗非常吓人。
467. The idea of change threatens some people.
改变让一些人感到不安。
468. He was warned about a possible threat.
有人警告了他可能的威胁。
469. Predators were a threat to the herd.
食肉动物对牧群是个威胁。
470. His crops were threatened by the lack of rain.
雨水稀少威胁到了他的庄稼。
471. Are you threatening me?
你在威胁我吗?
472. People can act violently if they feel threatened.
人们在受到威胁时会变得暴力。
473. My cat is no threat to anybody.
我的猫不会威胁到任何人。
474. This wind is threatening to become a storm.
这阵风快要变成暴风雨了。
475. His tone of voice held a subtle threat.
他语气中带有威胁的意味。
476. If you aren’t home exactly on time tonight, we are going to have to punish you.
如果你今晚不按时回家,我们就不得不惩罚你了。
477. If you come home late, then you won’t be able to talk on the phone for two weeks.
如果你回家晚了的话,你将两个星期不许打电话。
478. Give me everything or I will use my gun.
把所有东西都给我,否则我就开枪了。
479. Don’t try to call for help until I’ve long gone, otherwise I’ll have to hurt you.
在我走远之前不要企图呼救,否则我就不得不伤你了。
480. If you don’t work late tonight, then don’t bother coming back to work at all.
如果你今晚不加班的话,以后都不用来上班了。
【生词解读】
1. threat n. 威胁,恐吓
2. threatening a. 胁迫的;险恶的
3. threaten v. 威胁,恐吓
4. predator n. 食肉动物;掠夺者
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson33 REPROACH 责备
481. You need to stop being late to work.
你上班不能再迟到了。
482. He reproached Tom for his careless work.
他批评了汤姆工作粗心。
483. The teacher admonished the whole class for their grades.
老师就成绩问题警告了全班同学。
484. I wouldn’t do that if I were you.
如果我是你的话,我不会那样做的。
485. That’s not a good idea.
那不是个好主意。
486. That is not okay.
那样不行。
487. I can’t believe you just did that.
我简直不能相信,你竟会那样做。
488. That was disgusting.
那太令人恶心了。
489. You are very rude.
你太粗鲁了。
490. You can’t act that way in public.
你不能在公众场合那样做。
491. You would have had plenty of time to finish if you had started the book report when I first gave the assignment.
如果我刚布置作业的时侯你就开始写的话,你就有足够的时间完成读书报告了。
492. I must admit that I’m very disappointed in you.
我必须承认,我对你非常失望。
493. You need to take this more seriously.
你得严肃对待这事。
494. You have no right to get on my case.
你无权干涉我的事情。
495. I don’t think you do. We are all depending on each other to do our parts.
我不这样认为。我们要互相依靠,各尽其职。
【生词解读】
1. reproach n.&v. 责备
2. admonish v. 告诫;警告
3. disgusting a. 令人作呕的;十分讨厌的,可憎的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson34 WORRIES 担忧
496. I’m worried about next week’s test.
我担心下个星期的测验。
497. Don’t worry about me.
别为我担心。
498. I’m worried for your safety.
我担心你的安全。
499. Your driving concerns me.
我担心你的行驶安全。
500. He doesn’t seem concerned about his health.
他好象对自己的健康毫不关心。
501. It’s nothing that you should worry about.
你无须担心任何事情。
502. His actions have always been a worry to me.
他的行为总是让我担心。
503. This new information is very worrisome.
这条新的信息很令人不安。
504. I’m a little concerned about the expense of this meal.
我有点担心这顿饭的花费。
505. He is a real worry to his mother.
他的母亲很担心他。
506. I’ve got some money troubles.
我的手头有些拮据。
507. I’m a musician and I often don’t have regular jobs.
我是个音乐家,经常没有固定的工作。
508. I’m good at English and history, but I’m really awful at the natural sciences.
我的英语和历史都很好,但是自然科学却很糟糕。
509. I can’t get rid of my worries.
我不能摆脱忧虑。
510. I know I’m being silly, but I’ll worry about her for the rest of my life.
我知道我这样很傻,但是我这辈子都会为她担心的。
【生词解读】
1. worry v.&n. 烦恼;焦虑;担心
2. concern v. 使担心;使不安
3. worrisome a. 令人烦恼的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson35 DECEPTION 欺骗
511. You tricked me!
你骗了我!
512. I was deceived in this business deal.
在这次生意中,我受骗了。
513. His words were very deceptive.
他的话很有欺骗性。
514. You allowed yourself to be deceived.
你让你自己受骗了。
515. Don’t be fooled by his friendly words.
别被他的花言巧语所迷惑。
516. He was completely fooled by his enemy.
他完全被敌人欺骗了。
517. Don’t let appearances deceive you.
别让外表欺骗了你。
518. You can’t fool me that easily.
你不能那么轻易地欺骗我。
519. He was tricked out of his money.
他被骗钱了。
520. I can’t believe I was such a fool.
我简直不敢相信我竟是这样一个傻瓜。
521. She would have contacted my parents if I couldn’t have come up with a good excuse.
如果我给不出一个好的理由,她就会联系我父母。
522. It’s only a white lie, so it’s no big deal.
这只是一个无恶意的小谎言,没什么大不了的。
523. My conscience would weigh heavily on me.
我的良心会狠狠地谴责我的。
524. I had to make something up so I wouldn’t get into trouble.
我必须编造些理由才能避免惹上麻烦。
525. Are you sure that you had to be dishonest
你确定你是迫不得已才撒谎的吗?
【生词解读】
1. deception n. 欺骗,欺诈
2. trick v. 哄骗
3. deceive v. 欺骗,蒙蔽
4. deceptive a. 迷惑的,骗人的
5. conscience n. 良心;道义心;善恶观念
6. dishonest a. 不诚实的,不正直的;欺诈的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson36 RIDICULE 嘲笑
526. He’s always making mistakes.
他总是犯错误。
527. Does she always dress that badly?
她总是穿得那么邋遢的吗?
528. You are such an idiot.
你真是个白痴。
529. What you are saying is ridiculous.
你说的话很荒唐。
530. His argument is nonsense.
他的论点毫无道理。
531. He is an awful actor.
他是个很糟糕的演员。
532. That is the most stupidthing I have ever heard.
那是我听到过的最愚蠢的事情。
533. He is the worst worker here.
他是这里最糟糕的工人。
534. This poem is awful.
这首诗很差劲。
535. Your music is hurting my ears.
你的音乐简直刺痛了我的耳朵。
536. Then why was everyone laughing at me?
那为什么每个人都在笑话我呢?
537. They were having fun at my expense.
他们是在拿我开心。
538. I don’t like the embarrassment.
我不喜欢难堪。
539. Then that’s too bad, because I’m never going to put myself through that ordeal again.
那太糟糕了,因为我再也不会让自己经受那样的折磨了。
540. Last week, I did something really dumb and everyone laughed.
上个星期,我干了一件大傻事,大家都笑我。
【生词解读】
1. ridicule n.&v. 嘲笑,揶揄,奚落
2. idiot n. 白痴
3. ridiculous a. 可笑的,荒谬的;滑稽的
4. nonsense n. 胡说;胡闹,愚蠢的举动
5. awful a. 【口】极坏的,极糟的
6. stupid a. 愚蠢的,笨的
7. ordeal n. 严峻考验;苦难,折磨
8. dumb a. 【口】愚笨的
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson37 FLATTERY 奉承
541. You haven’t aged one bit.
你一点也没有变老。
542. That dress looks marvelous on you.
你穿那衣服棒极了。
543. Don’t try to impress me with flattery.
别企图用奉承来给我留下好印象。
544. I’m not fooled by your false compliments.
我不会被你的虚假的称赞所欺骗。
545. You played that piece wonderfully.
你把那首曲子演奏得很好。
546. You sing like an angel.
你唱起歌来像个天使。
547. He’s the best ball player I have ever seen.
他是我见过的最好的球员。
548. You are our most valuable worker.
你是我们最有价值的工人。
549. We are very impressed with your work.
我们对你的工作很满意。
550. You have the best yard in the neighborhood.
你家的院子是这附近最好的。
551. You are just the person I was hoping to run into.
你就是我想遇见的人。
552. Because your smile brightens up my day.
因为你的微笑使我的日子都明媚起来了。
553. Can’t I just enjoy your company?
我可以和你在一起吗?
554. I really like that dress you are wearing.
我真的很喜欢你穿的这件衣服。
555. I just wanted to let you know how well I think you are running the office.
我只是想跟你说,你把办公室管理得很好。
【生词解读】
1. flattery n. 谄媚;奉承
2. marvelous a. 【口】妙极的;了不起的
3. impress v. 给...极深的印象
4. compliment n赞美的话;恭维;敬意
5. brighten vi明亮,变明亮;闪亮,生辉
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson38 SORROW 悲伤
556. I’m so sorry this has happened to you.
你发生了这种事情,我感到很难过。
557. I can’t deal with this right now.
我现在应付不了这个。
558. This is awful.
这太糟糕了。
559. Are you crying?
你在哭吗?
560. I’ll be okay in a moment.
我过一会儿就没事了。
561. I miss my wife.
我想念我的妻子。
562. These pictures make me sad.
这些照片让我伤心。
563. He’s still grievingfor her.
他还在为她伤心。
564. She hasn’t gotten over the death of her child.
她还没有从丧子的打击中恢复过来。
565. I just don’t feel like talking about it.
我只是不想谈这个。
566. Why are you so upset?
你为什么这么沮丧?
567. I feel like my heart is breaking.
我感觉我的心碎了。
568. I’m not in the mood to talk right now.
我现在没心情谈话。
569. I’m really upset right now and I think I’d rather be alone.
我现在心情很不好,我想一个人呆一会儿。
570. In these cases, time to heal is the only thing that can help.
在这些情况下,只有时间能让你恢复过来。
【生词解读】
1. sorrow n. 悲痛,悲哀,悲伤,忧伤
2. grieve v. (使)悲痛
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson39 JEALOUSY 嫉妒
571. That girl thinks she is so cute.
那个女孩认为自己很可爱。
572. I wish I could afford a car like this.
我希望我能买得起这样一辆车。
573. I have to admit I’m a little jealous.
我必须承认我有一点嫉妒。
574. I’m envious of his success.
我羡慕他的成功。
575. You have no reason to envy me.
你没有理由妒忌我。
576. Are you jealous of my friend?
你嫉妒我的朋友吗?
577. I wish I could be as fast as Tom.
如果我能跑得象汤姆一样快就好了。
578. He clearly makes Bill jealous.
很显然,他令比尔嫉妒了。
579. Jealousy can really hurt a friendship.
嫉妒的确会破坏友谊。
580. It doesn’t help to be envious of him.
嫉妒他是没有用的。
581. I can already tell that I won’t like him.
我已经可以说,我不喜欢他。
582. It sounds like you are jealous.
听起来你吃醋了。
583. I just don’t like the idea of you spending so much time with that guy.
我就是不喜欢你和那个人经常呆在一起。
584. No matter how much I study I can’t seem to beat you.
不管我怎么努力学习,我总是不能超过你。
585. I guess my envy makes me get carried away.
我猜想是我的嫉妒心使我有点过分了。
【生词解读】
1. Jealousy n. 妒忌;猜忌
2. cute a. 漂亮的,可爱的;小巧玲珑的
3. jealous a. 妒忌的
4. beat v.打败,胜过
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lesson40 FEAR 恐惧
586. Dogs terrify me.
我很害怕狗。
587. I’m scared of heights.
我恐高。
588. He’s too afraid of getting hurt.
他太害怕受伤了。
589. Something has given him a bad fright.
什么东西让他很害怕。
590. That man’s eyes frightenme.
那个男人的眼神吓着我了。
591. That movie was terrifying.
那部电影真恐怖。
592. I’m still afraid of the dark.
我还是很怕黑。
593. Drowning is one of my greatest fears.
溺水是我最恐惧的事情之一。
594. I’m not afraid to say what I think.
我不怕说出我的想法。
595. Don’t be frightened by the noises.
别被这声音吓着。
596. If you turn off the lights, the monster will come out from underneath my bed.
如果你关灯的话,怪物就会从我床底下出来的。
597. It will come out and eat me if you turn off the lights.
如果你关灯,它就会出来把我吃掉。
598. I freak out every time I see a bug.
我每次看到虫子都会吓得发疯。
599. Have you ever tried to overcome your fear?
你有没有努力克服你的恐惧?
600. One day you will have to face your fear.
终有一天你必须面对你的恐惧。
【生词解读】
1. terrify v. 使害怕,使恐怖
2. fright n. 惊吓,恐怖
3. frighten v. 使惊恐,使骇怕
4. drowning n. 溺水
5. freak out v. 行动反常